- Check chainplates for leaks & re-seal if necessary.
- Check battery electrolyte level & top up if necessary.
- Check battery condition with hygrometer.
- Coat battery terminals with petroleum jelly.
- Spray the back face of switchpanel with a water displacing contact spray.
Hi-lite silicone spray.
- Check all halyards for chaffing and replace if necessary.
- Tighten all shackles.
- Check all split pins on rigging and make sure they are all splayed.
- If boat is fitted with roller furling, lubricate the top and bottom swivels.
- Check rigging tension and tighten if necessary.
- Check all bottlescrew locking nuts are tight.
- Check all sails for minor tears etc. have repaired if necessary. (Check what causes the tear).
- Lubricate all hinges and locks etc.
- Check all blocks & sheeves rotate and lubricate or replace where necessary.
- Service winches.
- Check when last your outboard was serviced and if necessary have serviced in accordance with your service manual.
- Check that bilge pump functions and that all pipes are secure.
- If fitted, remove log impellor and check it spins freely clean if necessary.
- Check condition of fire extinguisher and re-charge if necessary.
- Refer to owners manual for general information.
NOTE: TO TRAILER OWNERS:
Before commencement of any trip with your Holiday 23 make sure your trailer bearings have been greased and replaced where necessary and that the brakes are in good working order.